<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11358805\x26blogName\x3dOne+Crazy+Mama\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://onecrazymama.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://onecrazymama.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6768165583032621023', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

What does one owe?

OK Here's the background on this one.

Neighbor moves in last year, we find out he is a coworker of DH's. I have refererd to themin previous posts, negitively of course. They have a party for the wifes 5 year old. 5 year old a bit mature for my little Princess, so playdates were few and far between. Wife attemts to use us for various things, ie: 6 PM one night, a phone call in the dead of winter, "uh, whats up? Could you go pick up my dry cleaning?" My response , "no are you crazy." Soon after she sends the 5 YO down with a tub of clothing for my Princess. Hummmmmmmm. So I send many thanks. Over the course of the last year DH and neighbors DH have a casual work realtionship, with the occasional ride together to work, borrowing of tools etc. I do not really care for the wife, I truly believe she is trailer trash and hooked this man who seems to be OK, they have one child togetehr and another on the way (just another reason to hate her too), she has 2 children from a previous marriage and I have done the math and #3 was conceived long before her divorce was final. So, now her DH is turning 30, she is having a surprise party and just this weekend brought down another bag of clothing for my Princess, and today shows up armed with invites for the surprise party. The party of which yes we were invite, no I wasn't planning on going, but now I have been told to deal with it because now it is more like a "work function" for my husband whose job relies on the trust of another. So what do I owe this woman? I just know that she'll be asking for something else, sometime soon. What to do? Normally I would just come out and say uhhhh hun, I know what you are up to but as I said I have been advised not to as God forbid DH needs her DH at work. She was here for about 20 minutes today and all I could think of was God please don't come out of Princess, "C is a brat." Which is her DD. Argggghhhhhhh, and there is still a month to this party.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I frequently have to deal with people I wouldn't normally because of my dh's work. I would say go and be polite...you don't have to stay long.

    As for the future, just take it situationally. I am sure that something will come to you!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I agree with Mandy. Go to the party for a respectable amount of time to show work-type support, and take all other requests for favors in the future as they come. With you having a daughter younger than hers, it doesn't make sense for you to run errands for her! And you especially don't have to force your DD and hers to be "pals."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

poke around the site
old rants

how about these reads
leaving so soon?

Blogroll Me!

  • RESOLVE

    Powered by Blogger

  • <body>